The name might not do it for you, but the taste definitely will. Even the 'I don't eat chickpeas' type of person will be transformed with one mouthful of this tasty dish. I have to credit Darren for this one, his concoctions are genius. Well... I may be a little biased. Let me know what you think. You can also view the recipe here x
1 Spanish onion, diced
small handful basil, chopped finely
150g/1 cup pumpkin, diced
1 avocado, diced
½ capsicum, diced
150g super sweet corn
salt and ground black pepper
1tbsp curry powder
50ml pure olive oil
2 cups of water
1. Boil chickpeas in water for 15 mins. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. Mix corn, capsicum, avocado and basil together in a bowl.
3. Heat oil in small pan on medium heat. Add pumpkin to pan and cook until soft.
4. Add curry powder and a dash of salt and pepper to pan to season.
5. Drain oil dressing from pumpkin and place in fridge.
6. Set aside pumpkin to cool.
7. Add cooled chickpeas and pumpkin to bowl and mix.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve, then add dressing.